Adoption Awareness

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day of School!

Today was Miss Y's first day of school!  We are so proud of her!  Baba took her to school and walked her to her classroom.  She had her backpack, her lunch, and everything she needed for school.  Miss Y had met her teachers more than once, so she knew who she would be spending the day with. 


 
The official First Day of School Photo


Of course, Mama was worried all day!  I prayed - a lot!  Oh, how I wished I could have been a fly on the wall!  When the day was done, Miss Y walked to my school.  She had so much to tell me! 

We are so proud of Miss Y and how much she has grown in the short time she has been home.  I praise God for her!

We are also so thankful for our school staff.  They have made great efforts to make Miss Y feel comfortable and happy at school.  They have had some wonderful ideas and have made sure she is getting the support she needs to be successful in school.

Miss Y is growing so much on the inside.  I am so proud of her, and I am so blessed to be her Mama!