Adoption Awareness

Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter

Happy Easter!  Praise the Lord - Jesus is risen!

Our precious two daughters are learning more and more about Jesus every day.  They ask insightful questions and think deep and long about Jesus, God, and what they should do in their own lives.

I am so blessed to be their Mama.  They work very hard to understand the Lord and Jesus' teachings.  They want others to follow Jesus, too.  As Miss M puts it when she sees or hears something that doesn't seem right to her, "Why don't they listen to Jesus?  They should listen to Jesus." 

We had a wonderful Easter with family and food and GOOD discussion about Jesus resurrection.  I am amazed at what my girls can grasp, especially Miss Y.  She has not yet been home a year, and wants to go back to China one day to tell the people there about Jesus.  (Wow!)

Of course, there was lots of yummy food, delicious jelly beans, and many other treats.  Miss M and Miss Y had fun finding their Easter baskets and discovering what was inside. 

But we also made "Resurrection Rolls".  I found a pretty easy recipe that the kids could accomplish, with some help.  First you dip a marshmallow in melted butter, then roll it in cinnamon-sugar, then put it in a crescent roll and completely cover the marshmallow with the dough.  You're done!  Bake!  When the rolls are done, the marshmallow is gone!  They are called "Resurrection Rolls" because the marshmallow represents Jesus, who was covered in oils (the melted butter) and spices (the cinnamon-sugar), wrapped in cloths (the crescents), and laid in the tomb.  The marshmallow melts in the oven, symbolizing Jesus is no longer in the tomb!  I wish I had pictures of the rolls, but you can find them online. 

Happy Easter!  Praise the Lord!  Jesus is risen!
 
 
Miss Y's first Easter.  Notice that Faith is patiently waiting to inspect the basket...



Miss M, with Faith, inspecting another basket.
 
 

Posing for the camera!
 
 

Miss Y: "Seriously Mama?  How many of these do I have to sit here for?"
Miss M: "I'm ready!  Take my picture!"